Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

LogWatch - Unmatched Entries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ali, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Hello,

Recently I accidentally ran an incomplete chown command and it changed my whole servers' permission

Unfortunately the command was < chown -R root.root > :( and this has caused my whole server to fault... Many services got scrambled like mysql, named, postgre, etc however I managed to get them back up and running but I'm still facing minor issues.

Is there a script that would correct server-wide chown settings?

My LogWatch shows number of lines having similar unmatched entries;
    error: unable to open passwd file '/etc/proftpd/passwd.vhosts': Permission denied
    error: unable to open passwd file '/etc/proftpd/passwd.vhosts': No such file or directory

How do I correct this? Although passwd.vhosts exists and I can connect to FTP without errors.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Anyone? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...