The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Decrypt Function Please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HappyPappy, May 29, 2006.

1. HappyPappy

HappyPappy Active Member

Hi there,

I have made good use of the excellent "Manage Open PGP Keys" feature within cPanel for some time to encrypt email contents.

However, I have a client that has asked for a very simple function and I am having problems heping her.

She wants her single form mail type cgi script permanently encrypted on the server (in her hosting account) because she paid to have it created especially for her - and wants to protect it obviously. But she still needs it to execute normally (send the webform) when a webform is submitted.

I plan on utilising the cPanel "Manage Open PGP Keys" function again for the keys but can not locate any script that would decrypt the cgi file so it could still be used normally.

Am I dreaming here or is there an approved cpanel script or module hidden away somewhere that does the job.

Thank you for any advice anyone cares to throw in my direction.

Cheers

2. HappyPappy

HappyPappy Active Member

Sorry to come in on top of my own post, but I've since learned that wrapping may encrypt cgi and pl files. Is this true of the cgi wrapper in cpanel? And if so does that mean that any cgi or pl script placed inside the sgi-bin folder will be encrypted to a small degree??

As mentioned above I am attempting to hide the code of a cgi file soit is protected to some degree whilst still allowing it to function normally.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thank You

3. icoso

icoso Member

I'm curious how you made use of the Mange Open PGP Keys function in Cpanel. I am needing to use PGP to send general formmail messages via pgp to my clients from their webpage. Any ideas and/or suggestions is appreciated. I am familiar with coding in PHP, however I would be happy to know about any CGI program that makes use of the CPanel Open PGP Keys.

Thanks.