The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for installer script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Auroagroup, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Auroagroup

Auroagroup Member

Hey

Anyone know where I can get an installer script.

What I want to do is allow my clients to install phpbb just like they would the xmb board in the cpanel so what I am in need of is an installer script so I can do it Does anyone know where I can get one or if their is a way I can take the installer script used for the xmb board and use that to install phpbb from the cpanel ?

Thanks

2. parag

parag Well-Known Member

[quote:962ebab469][i:962ebab469]Originally posted by Auroagroup[/i:962ebab469]

Hey

Anyone know where I can get an installer script.

What I want to do is allow my clients to install phpbb just like they would the xmb board in the cpanel so what I am in need of is an installer script so I can do it Does anyone know where I can get one or if their is a way I can take the installer script used for the xmb board and use that to install phpbb from the cpanel ?

Thanks[/quote:962ebab469]

why dont you contact cpanelthemes guy and purchase a license for fantastico - it would cost you just 50 bucks / server

Its the best installer available for the following scripts

xoops portal system
    b2 (Weblog) NEW!
    OS Commerce 2.2 (ex The Exchange Project)
    phpBB2
    4images Gallery
    PHPauction
    PHProjekt
    PHP-Nuke
    Post-Nuke
    phpLinks
    phpWebSite (english version)

I would personally suggest you this as we have fantastico on one of the servers owned by our client. :) And they are very happy with it.

send an email to sales@cpanelthemes.com

best regards,
    Parag

3. hostbet

hostbet Well-Known Member

I also sugest fantastico... :)

4. nodehost

nodehost Registered

We just put fantastico on our servers, added it to the pages of the themes, and whala! It runs beautiful - and the collaboration end of things is awesome.

5. BJMG

BJMG Active Member

when installing fantastico in a specific theme, will the fantastico directory be deleted when cPanel is updated?

6. hostbet

[quote:ca53bf8a1c][i:ca53bf8a1c]Originally posted by BJMG[/i:ca53bf8a1c]

when installing fantastico in a specific theme, will the fantastico directory be deleted when cPanel is updated?[/quote:ca53bf8a1c]

Yes!
    The database and the folder will be deleted and ready for another clean install.

I did sugested to fantastico maker that in a future to include an update option so the members clould update their scripts and not just with a clean install.

7. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Hostbet,

I don't understand what you are talking about. CPanel updates never delete Fantastico. I suppose you are talking about upgrading the scripts (forum, portals etc) themselves but I am not sure. What do you mean?

kosmo

8. hostbet

I should it read the thread more carefull....

I though he/she mean if the folder that fantastico creates can be deleted...

My apology!

9. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have just purchased fantastico, not had chance to get it installed as I'm working on other things at the moment.

I looked at the demo version and love the way you can install and uninstall from within cpanel all the applications that come as part of it.

I just wish there was something similar to replace the install of the built in cpanel apps so that users can add/remove all the built in apps, for example the interchange cart cannot be removed at user level!!

Kind Regards,

Neil