The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loosing Server Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DSLX, Aug 26, 2005.

1. DSLX

DSLX Registered

We have made some changes to our cpanel installation. Mainly we updated the wwwacct file located in the scripts directory to allow usernames with a character length of 15 instead of 8. Also we added some squirrelmail plugins (4 of them). These things keep getting over written and set back to default. What can we do to combat this problem??

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Not a lot, cPanel will reset the files to their own versions whenever /scripts/upcp runs overnight. You could use the script watching script offered by pwsowner on these forums.

3. DSLX

DSLX Registered

So it overwrites the squirrelmail files as well? Wouldnt there have to be somewhere within the software that it is getting the originals from? I cant see the script actually downloading all of those files each night that it runs. I have to admit, this really baffles me. So far my company has run Ensim software exclusively. I fought long and hard to have them finally get a cpanel server. So far, it has been really great. I must admit though, this is a really huge blow against cpanel. Like make or break... I really hope I can figure out how to get around this!