The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing IP Addresses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ianmarie, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ianmarie

ianmarie Well-Known Member

Each night my server seems to 'lose' it's extra IP addresses.

The specifics are that the server has one main and two extra ip addresses; and each night at 12.35am, the two 'extra' ip addresses become unavailable. In WHM Main >> IP Functions >> Show or Delete Current IP Addresses; the offline ip addresses are shown in a 'Brown' colour rather than 'Green' (no indication / legend in WHM of what colour code means; although I figure brown means gone and green means good; but it would be good to know whether there are other permutations)

I can manually remove the ips, and re- add them, and they work again straight away; but it would be nice to figure out why they 'disappear'.

I'm sure this has been discussed in other places in forums; however, the cpanel forum does not allow you to search on the word 'ip' (a fairly significant search term in this case), as it is too short.

Thanks in advance

#1 ianmarie, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  2. ToddShipway

ToddShipway Well-Known Member

I recommend checking the cron jobs around that time to make sure nothing is resetting the network interfaces. When they show the dark red or brown color, this means the interface is not active. Running '/etc/init.d/ipaliases restart' should bring all the interfaces back online. If needed, you could setup a cron to run this script around the time they go down to ensure they are reset to remain online.