The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost a site because of the BACKUP...!!!

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by mahdi1, Jul 4, 2009.

1. mahdi1

mahdi1 Registered

Greetings,

my problem was with the backup files.

i change my server and i did take backup for all the sites.

what i get after re-creation the accounts in the new server. by the way the new server has same the old ip's and config. so no need to change anything.

but the problem was in mysql databases.

i lost four years forum work. cpanel said that site backup was successfully completed but i found that sql file is not complete and there is no database inside it. only a blank file.

ok this is mysqldump problem... but why the cpanel backup system don't match the sql files with the real database?? that to verify the sql files is really completed.

i think you know that the databases is the real important thing in any server. the files can be returned and managed easily, but the databases small and big ones are not easy to download and upload as files if you have 1GB or 2GB sql file. using the server to move it is easy and faster. so the cpanel must have function to check this errors.

well, for your information the other databases in that site was restored successfully. why only this database?? it was working fine.

backup and re-creation accounts. i found some problems with whm.
    first the database above.
    second thing was the file and folders permissions they don't restored as they where.

yes cpanel did a lot of work for this version 11.

but I don't know where I can post any idea for cpanel to make things easier.