Lost about vbulletin, InvisionBoard and Cpanel

linuxman

Sep 20, 2003
I am lost, I notice that an older verison of InvisionBoard is installed in Cpanel. I noticed the InvisionBoard charges when buying from their site. However, then I come to Cpanel's forum and realize they are using vBulletin. Can I assume Cpanel will not upgrade to the newest version of Invision Board? Is there a new forum on the way to be integrated with Cpanel? I know this is one of my clients favorite tools. I personally prefer vBulletin.

cyberspirit

BANNED
Jun 27, 2003
Cpanel uses vbulletin for their main site. But inside the WHM/cpanel package you have the choice of phpbb and invision as far as bulletin boards go.
I also noticed that invision has not been updated by cpanel which is really bad news.
Vbulletin costs money, invision and phpbb are free.

linuxman

Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by cyberspirit
Cpanel uses vbulletin for their main site. But inside the WHM/cpanel package you have the choice of phpbb and invision as far as bulletin boards go.
I also noticed that invision has not been updated by cpanel which is really bad news.
Vbulletin costs money, invision and phpbb are free.
I have started using IkonBoard because it is also free and I really like it. Now I just have to figure a way to get it integrated in the user Cpanel. Or switch to a different setup.