Lost Admin Password / WHM password!

Feb 6, 2011
hi ,

recently i changed my WHM password and save it in a notepad file , and next time when i am trying to put the same password it says wrong password !

what to do ?? the company from i buyed asking me 50$ to recover it though its aint my fault !

any help guys ?

thnx

Marshal

LinuxTechie

Jan 22, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Marshal,

Have you lost the Reseller whm paasword? If so it can be reset from Root WHM. If you have lost the Root WHM password your host/DC can only reset it.

Feb 6, 2011
Hi Marshal,

Have you lost the Reseller whm paasword? If so it can be reset from Root WHM. If you have lost the Root WHM password your host/DC can only reset it.
unfortunatelly i lost my Root password :( , so should i gave him /her 50$ to do so ? like its ain't my fault coz i reset the password and save it to my notepad which is not working though ?

Feb 6, 2011
You might try typing in your password (if you are cut/pasting) just to be sure it's not an extra space issue or something silly. If it's a matter of you being locked out by a firewall, try logging in from a computer from some other location.
I tried each and everything by typing / copy paste with space n without like that all things i have tried but the password which i resest isn't working at all , neither the old password.

LinuxTechie

Jan 22, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Are you sure you are not blocked in firewall too. Are you able to access the sites in the server? If yes, I thinks there is no other way than contacting your DC for resetting the password!