SOLVED Lost all Roundcube user settings/preferences since migration to WHM v92.0.6

Operating System & Version
CENTOS 7.9 xen hvm
cPanel & WHM Version

monkey64

Nov 6, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am in the middle of a Server migration to WHM v92.0.6. We have about 60 individual email accounts which use Roundcube. Since the migration I've lost all the user settings which were present on the previous server such as:

1. Display Name
2. Company
3. Reply-To
4. HTML Signature
5. All user preferences

Is this expected or something I can import somehow from the previous Server?

In the old WHM version (v86) Roundcube used a MySql database to store identities. As the admin it was super easy to update Identities and html signatures in bulk through the database if and when they changed. I can't face manually updating each user :( Is there an automated method to do this, perhaps through the new format SQLite database for each user?

Thanks

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about this complication with the migration. Normally the Roundcube conversion to SQLite happens as part of the migration, but would it be possible for you to try that change on the Source server to see if that works properly there? Details on that work can be found here:

but if that isn't working, it's likely the migrated data was missing as well.

I'm sorry the MySQL commands you used could be adapted to SQLite although I don't have an automated way to go about that on my end.

monkey64

Nov 6, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've been so stupid - and I think the migration most likely worked correctly...
I am running rsync to mirror files on the destination and it removed the user SQLite user databases because they didn't exist on the source Server. I followed the details here:

How to Convert Roundcube to SQLite

and the miration to SQLite imported the user preferences and everything else as expected. Many thanks for your help.