The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by topman23, Feb 1, 2010.

1. topman23

topman23 Registered

Hi, Im a Cpanel newcomer, but am impressed with its ease of use. However for the past 2 weeks Ive been trying to resolve a problem with my host who isnt being very helpful. I run 5 domains on my hosting account the original and main domain being a Wordpress themed site. Until 19th January all was well and I was able to access and edit the html code for the content of my theme. On that day I added a new domain and the next day went to edit the content of the main domain and found there was no data just a blank theme template. The site is fully functioning as is the dashboard , but no visible data in Cpanel that I can edit. Any ideas?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hmm, if the site works, but you cannot see the files (via File Manager I assume) my first guess would be you're looking in the wrong directory, or something has gone wrong somewhere else. No telling from here though, your host is the one who can help. Short of that check your Error Logs section of cPanel while accessing the webpage. See if anything comes up in the log that helps track the problem a bit better.

If they can't help with something like this, you might want to find a new host. ;)