The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by GoWilkes, Jul 5, 2007.

1. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Was there a troubled release of cPanel around the end of June? For no apparent reason, since June 28 I've had a series of new problems, and my server management company (Planet) has been very little help in resolving them.

First and foremost, it seems that some emails are simply not being delivered. My main site hosts a message board (roughly 7 years old), and the posts are all emailed to a unique POP account with no spam filters installed. But I've noticed that some posts are suddenly not being delivered. They do not show up in the Mail Queue, and I can find no reference of them in any of the mail logs. This problem seems to be intermittent; a post made at 1:20am wasn't emailed, but another made at 1:23am was. The Server Load at the time was at 0.51.

Other problems include the site running very slow (even when the server load is low), and Horde mail has simply stopped working (when I click on "Log In," I'm immediately redirected to the "You have been logged out" page; Squirrel Mail is OK).

I'm using WHM 10.8.0 and cPanel 10.9.0-S58.

Any ideas? TIA,

Jason

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

mail quotas ?

I would do a upcp --force just for the hell of it. you coudl also start with a fresh exim config in the exim configuration editor. also check to see if in tweaks you don't have user nobody checked to NOT send mails.

3. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the quick reply. I forced an updated to cPanel to 10.9.1-S14304, and while I can't be sure if it helped with the other problems yet, I know that it didn't resolve the Horde issue; I still have the same problem as before.

This particular account does not have a mail quota, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Under Tweak Settings, I do have a check next to Prevent the user "nobody" from sending out mail to remote addresses. This shouldn't be a problem, though, since the email it's sending to is a local address, and it usually does work. Are you suggesting that I un-check this?

How do I install a fresh exim configuration file?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes. Uncheck it. Forums send mail as nobody depending on your setup.