The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of Failed Callouts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrcbrown, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mrcbrown

mrcbrown Well-Known Member

Since the upgrade last night which updated Exim, I am getting failures galore:

451 Could not complete sender verify callout

And some of these are between servers - so really confused as to why the errors are coming in such a bulk, almost like Exim is not answering call-outs. Not a Exim master, but is this something easy fixable (short of turning off the callout) - ideas?

Any help is appreciated.

2. simonpearce

simonpearce Well-Known Member

same here - any advice welcome.

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

4. mrcbrown

mrcbrown Well-Known Member

I have actually been going over this in my head, it seems the servers are not responding to a callout to check for:

root@hostname

Which is what UPCP and Logwatch's send as - granted the mail is routed with forwarders within the cPanel setup, however the MTA doesn't seem to know anymore (since cPanel 11) that the domain literal of root@hostname really works.

I currently have Sender Verify Disabled - which of course is causing a flood of spam, but is also fixing this issue, and allowing some hosts who don't give verification though are valid hosts, a way in - so any way you know to whitelist or get the servers to respond that root@hostname exists?