The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lowest numbered MX record points to local host

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by capoinfra, Jun 10, 2009.

1. capoinfra

capoinfra Well-Known Member

Hello.

I'm reading many post with this subject "lowest numbered MX record points to local host"

But my problem persists and I tried all possible ways related in this forum.

This domain (DOMAIN1) can send and receive mail without problem, but not redirect mail to another domain.

This domain (DOMAIN2) that should receive the redirected mails form DOMAIN1 can also send and receive mails without problems.

The problem is just with the redirection DOMAIN 1 to DOMAIN 2.

When mails are sent from any host to DOMAIN1 must be redirected to DOMAIN2

The logs are showing always a error in the redirection:

Code:
    tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep info@DOMAIN1.com
    2009-06-10 22:05:03 1MEU2g-0003hE-Pv == info@DOMAIN2.com <info@DOMAIN1.com> R=lookuphost defer (-1): lowest numbered MX record points to local host
    2009-06-10 22:05:03 1MEU2g-0003hE-Pv => info <info@DOMAIN1.com> R=virtual_user T=virtual_userdelivery
    The DOMAIN1 is listed in /etc/localdomains and no listed in /etc/remotedomains

The MX entry in DOMAIN1 is set to 0 (i tried with 1, 10...)

I tried with /scripts/mailperm and /scripts/fixcommonproblems also I restarted named and exim

Any suggestions please?

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

2. JPC-Shaun

JPC-Shaun Well-Known Member

Hi;

The cause for the problem can either be because that the MX DNS record for the domain zone of destination recipient (local host) is wrong. Check whether the domain MX record in DNS name servers to verify that it’s pointing to the correct mail server. If MX record is correct, ensure that the destination domain is properly designated as the local-domain to allow Exim to know that they suppose to receive the mail without querying DNS again.

3. skyknight

skyknight Active Member