Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

lsb_log_message: MySQL PID file could not be found! failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorj1, Sep 11, 2005.

1. jorj1

jorj1 Member

Every 10 minutes something curious happens:
    - mysql goes down and is restarted
    - after restart the file /tmp/mysql.sock is linked wrong : "../../var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock" instead of "../var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock"
    - the root password inside ~/.my.cnf changes to some random string
    - the log in "messages" shows:
    Sep 11 06:01:16 myserver pure-ftpd: (?@127.0.0.1) [INFO] New connection from 127.0.0.1
    Sep 11 06:01:16 myserver pure-ftpd: (?@127.0.0.1) [INFO] Logout.
    Sep 10 06:01:34 myserver lsb_log_message: MySQL PID file could not be found! failed
    - mysql err file shows nothing but a normal shutdown/restart

Note the log message comming from pure-ftpd: it's always right before the error message which may suggest a connection between those two events or a process which commands both

Please give me some points to look for: what process can be the cause, where to look for more info

Thanks

2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    check to see if the pid and sock is being placed in /var/lib/mysql and also check the /etc/my.cnf for a incorrect hard coded path for the pid and sock files. Check the /etc/init.d/mysql file for incorrect paths for the pid and sock and correct as necessary

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jorj1

jorj1 Member

Everything seems to work on that part. MySLQ starts OK within the command line but fails when the automatic process (?) verify the existence of the PID file. I tryed setting the paths in /etc/my.cnf and still no luck. Can it be a wrong path configured into cpanel's process?