The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic Quotes OFF but say On

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dradden, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Dradden

Dradden Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have built apache using easy apache with the security option and in exhaustive list I set Magic Quotes to Off. I also checked in /usr/local/lib/php.ini and it is off there as well. But on the cpanel account I created when I run a check file for the software I want to install Magic Quotes comes back as on everytime. Not sure where else to look to get this disabled. I looked in the users account to see if there was a php.ini somewhere but I couldn't find one.

How can I get this fixed?

Edit: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --current

Shows:
    php configuration for the account created shows paths as:

Thanks
    Rabbit

#1 Dradden, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. NetMantis

NetMantis BANNED

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If you are using 5.3.10 or above, you can just simply disregard the message entirely.

In the earlier releases of PHP 5.3.x series, "Magic Quotes" was deprecated and then in the latest releases was eliminated entirely in preparation for the now released PHP 5.4 release.

When it was eliminated, a lot of programs coded to check to see if you have it enabled or not did not know how to deal with the condition of it not existing and often report that it's enabled when actually it's just simply gone entirely.

If you are running PHP 5.3.10 or higher, I'd say don't worry about the message --- it's a false alarm and nothing more.

3. Dradden

Dradden Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Great information, thanks!

4. Dradden

Dradden Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am still having issues with this. The installer will not continue if it detects Magic Quotes on. I uploaded a phpinfo.php to check and it also says that Magic Quotes is on. But I have recompile VIA easy apache a few times just to make sure and I know the option for Magic Quotes was not checked in the exhaustive options.

Will the phpinfo.php also mishandle Magic Quotes as you were talking about?

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Dradden,

Could you please submit a ticket to us on this? Also, which PHP are you compiling? If it is PHP 5.4, we aren't disabling magic quotes when it should be disabled. It doesn't even have the option in the PHP exhaustive options list, but will compile to on for some systems.

You can submit a ticket using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please post the ticket number here after opening one.

Thanks!