Mail accounts unable to receive replies.

Mazer

Jan 19, 2010
I can only receive replies from emails on the same domain. For example, my colleague sends me an email to two addresses, and I receive both and attempt to reply.

I replied to my colleagues two emails one from [email protected] & [email protected] to [email protected]; He only receives the reply from [email protected], the same domain as the original email.

Is there anyway to sort this in WHM - the hosts will not give us software support.

Lyttek

Jan 2, 2004
Is your email program configured to only send through one account? (are you using the same program for both addresses?)

Can you send him an email from both accounts? (not a reply, just a new message...)

Has he checked to see if your missing email is getting caught by a spam filter on his end?

eth00

PartnerNOC
Mar 30, 2003
NC
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That sounds like something may be up with the server, I would ask the host to take a quick look at the exim_mainlog and see what is going on.

Mazer

Jan 19, 2010
I have it sorted now - creating name servers and mx entries on the site were moot as they were resolved elsewhere, logged into hosting site and resolved the issue, creating mx entries etc.

is there a mark as solved type thing on this forum?