The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mail and user 'nobody'

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Tom Pyles, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Just a quick question about mail going out from 'nobody'. We have several users that use php scripts, mailing lists, etc. If we stop all mail from 'nobody' would it have an effect on these scripts and prevent them from sending mail.

Second question, when limiting outgoing mail, what is a resonable number of mails sent per hour?

2. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

I think as long as the From: field is specified in the php scripts it works fine.

3. Curt

Curt Well-Known Member

I have found as long as the script has a valid on server From address then PHP scripts send email just fine. I have not tested an off server email address yet.

On the max number of emails, I still have not figured out a good answer.

4. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys...I'll give it a shot and if there are any problems just switch it back. I've heard some say these features work and others say they don't.....

As for the number of e-mails, its a tough call. I don't believe I have any users that send newsletters out from their local computers...I was thinking perhaps 60-100 an hour....still debating ;)