The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail app keeps popping up warning about untrusted connection/certificate

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by amityweb, Sep 17, 2012.

1. amityweb

amityweb Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

I just moved a customer from 1and1 to Cpanel hosting and emails. We setup all the emails settings the same, so all they had to do was change POP/IMAP/SMPT server settings in the Mail.app (on Mac) settings.

Since then they keep getting a pop up saying the connection or certificate is untrusted. I thought this would happen once and they accept and it wont come back, BUT they keep getting it everytime they start Mail.

How can we make this go away please? None of my other customers have this issue so wondered if its due to just switching accounts. They cant delete and recreate the accounts, it would be too much hassle.

Thanks

2. amityweb

amityweb Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Mail app keeps popping up warning about untrusted connection/certificat

The error was actually "The identity of mail.xxxxx.com cannot be trusted. The certificate for this server is invalid etc."

Customer did not see the checkbox to "Always trust this server" setting, its hidden in Mail.app you have to click to Show Certificate.

So I THINK its OK now.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: Mail app keeps popping up warning about untrusted connection/certificat

Should be good to go. Since the mail server domain is different due to the nature of shared hosting, you'll have to accept the identity as he's done to get that message to go away.