The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail between two cpanel sites to failed addresses result in no bounce

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Ann, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Ann

Ann Member

I decided to do some tests to check if handling of fails were unchanged since the last upheaval.

I sent e-mails with return address on a server employing cpanel (midphase server). The mails themselves were sent via my ISP's SMTP server, but the bounces would have gone by this server.

There were no bounces whatsoever.

Weird.

So I did some other tests. Sent with return addresses from myrealbox (ISP SMTP) and Yahoo (from webinterface). I got bounces with both approaches.

I then sent an e-mail with return address on the same server. To a non-existent addy. I did get a bounce.

I've set default address up to fail on this server, and then have forwarders and POP3 boxes for the real addresses. On the other server (midphase), the default address goes to default POP3 box, and then some forwarders in addition.

Not sure what my tests show me. That midphase have put in some custom stuff? They changed my cpanel skin without any warning recently. Not too happy about that...

Could any of you who have two servers on different providers with cpanel try to duplicate my tests?