The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail box locked under process 16752

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by smile, Jun 17, 2005.

1. smile

smile Well-Known Member

Hi,

One of my client's mailbox repeatedly gets the following message on his mail client
    'Mail box locked under process 16752' due to this the client can not even access his mails.

I tried running the mail perm script but I still get the same problem. Tried searching the forums but I do not see any problem with this ref.

Can someone help ?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If the PID doesn't change, then check the system to see if the process is running and kill it off and remove the lock file. You may then need to restart cPanel. Repeated lock problems usually signify a poor connection from the users ISP or PC.

3. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Using the default configuration, Exim runs as the local user when doing a local delivery, and it uses a lock file to prevent any other process from updating the mailbox while it is writing to it.

Arrange to run the local_delivery transport under a specific group by changing the configuration to read

local_delivery:
    driver = appendfile
    file = /var/mail/${local_part}
    group = mail
    The delivery process still runs under the user's uid, but with the group set to mail. The group permission on the directory allows the process to create and remove the lock file.

Also check the permission and ownership of your client's mailbox it should be user.mail ...