The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail broken

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by newfield, Nov 29, 2002.

  1. newfield

    newfield Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2002
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    State of Confusion
    The last email to come through to an addon domain was dated 11:25 AM GMT 11/29/02 ... This addon domain has had numerous SMTP refusals, and incoming mails returned, even though it has prevoiusly worked well, all the sudden it has broken, and we made no changes to anything. The mail to the primary domain continues to work. I've added account myname@primary.dom and mail addressed to myname@addon.dom now is retrievable by logging into the account as myname@primary.dom. SMTP is also accessable through this &primary& domain. All accounts were set up in Outlook Express 6, using cpanel auto config option, and to verify, I've double checked these settings, and they are correct. The addon domains have been using the mail POP and SMTP servers for primary domain, logging in as myname@addon.dom ...

    Did you guys do an update 11/29/02 that broke this configuration? Is there any solution other than assigning the addon domain to it's own account? The feature of having addon domains is very good for those who own more than one site, and needs to be restored to it's previous working order, otherwise what good is having addon domains????

    Thank you.
     
  2. Robert

    Robert Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2001
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    You are probably getting the broken pipe error.

    In /etc/exim.conf there is a call to /usr/bin/spamc change that to /usr/local/bin/spamc and it should work for you.
     
  3. newfield

    newfield Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2002
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    State of Confusion
    Auto fix?

    This morning, near 12:00 GMT, I noticed mail was again being routed to the correct addon domain, so, I suspect you guys did a fix for it?

    If this is the case, guys, please insure that updates are thouroghly tested before you publish them. This is not the first time something has gotten mysteriously broken.

    Thanks.
     
  4. jsteel

    jsteel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2002
    Messages:
    646
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    I experienced a similar problem, except mine occurred on the 27th (all add-on email got routed to the primary's catch-all account) and then suddenly on the 30th everything started routing properly again. Kinda strange. I wasted a lot of cycles trying to troubleshoot the problem. I'd love to know what caused it.

    Jaz
     
  5. newfield

    newfield Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2002
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    State of Confusion
    thanks

    Thanks for confirming that I wasn't imagining it.. If I was to place a bet, I would lay odds that cpanel script update was the culprit.
    I'll have to check with my admin to find out if he allows auto update or installs them manually.
     
Loading...

Share This Page