Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mail/cur and mail/new dirs full

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by limneos, Nov 26, 2007.

1. limneos

limneos Member

Hello to everyone.
    I'm having the following problem.
    Many of my server's accounts indicated that their quota is full , so after I checked them I found out that the "mail" dir is the one that gets full, and for a strange reason, the email accounts show that they are almost empty.
    So I searched through the mail directories and found that the mail/cur dir has lots of MBs.
    also, the mail/new folder appears to get quite busy in MB, however the mail/cur dir gets me really worried.The users have emptied their mailboxes , but still this folder keeps being full of MB. what is going on? anybody any idea?

thank you in advance,

Elias

2. ManojB

ManojB Well-Known Member

It seems that you are using Maildir format for storing e-mail. A Maildir is a directory (often named Maildir) with three subdirectories named tmp, new, and cur. Please go through the following link for more details :

http://www.qmail.org/man/man5/maildir.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. limneos

limneos Member

I know I'm using Maildir, but this does not help in anything...my concern is not "what is maildir" or why I have those directories , it is why they get full with unexistent emails.
    The link you posted is a maildir man page, not a solution to anything.

thank you in advance

#3 limneos, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007