The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Delivery Reports showing no logs

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kbs, May 29, 2012.

1. kbs

kbs Member

Hello, I have 2 cpanels servers and 1 dns-only, all of them working very well.

I have one of them that's having problems with the "Mail Delivery Reports", no matter what I use to filter, I'm getting 0 results. If I login with a shell, I can grep without any problems the logs located in /var/log, but this tool is very handy for those people that don't have any linux experience.

Where should I look?

Thanks

2. soumya.tr

soumya.tr Member

I am also having the same issue.

@kbs: Did you get the solution for this.

3. Oleg.Gricik

Oleg.Gricik Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm experiencing the same problem.
    Can someone from cPanel staff check this?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Do you happen to have MailScanner installed by chance?

Assuming you do just for a moment, and you also have MailScanner FE as well, go to mailScanner FE and find the "MailScanner" disable button and disable MailScanner, just to test of course. You'll want to turn it back on after testing MDR.

I may be wasting your time here, but, in Mail Delivery Reports, when you first open the page, don't touch anything, just click Run Report. In the bottom section of window, that little gear icon, click that, on bottom of this menu click "Rest to Default"

Does this help at all?

5. kazaa

kazaa Member

I am having the same issue on one of my machines. Did poster find any solution?

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please submit a ticket and provide the ticket number here for tracking purposes. Thanks!

7. leenabm

leenabm Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

We are having the same problem. Both " Mail Delivery Reports" and "View Sent Summary" are not showing any details. Any help appreciated.

8. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As yet, no-one has posted a ticket number indicating a ticket was opened for us to see how it was resolved. If you'd like to be the first one to do that, it would be greatly appreciated. Tickets can be submitted in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please post the number here afterward for us to ensure the details are logged on what was the issue. Thanks!

9. kazaa

kazaa Member

Just submitted ticket, thanks 3018482

10. kazaa

kazaa Member

The reason it wasn't showing anything is because eximstats was disabled:

The mail reports in WHM are pulled from the information in eximstats. In the future you can check if it's enabled in WHM Main >> Service Configuration >> Service Manager. I enabled eximstats and the database is now populating. It may take a while since there's a lot of information in your exim log and your load may spike a little while it does this, however it will return to normal once it's completed if the load does increase.

Thanks!!!

osirion likes this.
  11. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Thanks for posting back to help others. :)

12. mandarin

mandarin Registered

I'm not seeing delivery reports but exim stats are on. Tried turning off, on again next day but still no joy.

Has to be something else.

13. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

Hi we have the same problem, used to work but doesn't now.
    We've done the same as you, turn exim stats on and off, still no logs. Needed them today aswell to prove to a customer that their email was working!

Must be a cpanel/whm update which has done this?

14. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might want to open a ticket to cPanel Support. In WHM, top right corner of any page find the Support Menu. On it, Contact cPanel.

Please do post back what you find out, and/or post the ticket number here in this thread if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks!

15. sonicsam

sonicsam Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just to add my name to the list, this is happening on one of our servers, eximstats is already enabled.

16. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please do the following to check what eximstats is doing when tailwatchd tries to process it:

Code:
    grep eximstats /usr/local/cpanel/logs/tailwatchd_log
    If you see something like the following:

Code:
    DBI connect('eximstats:localhost','eximstats',...) failed: Access denied for user 'eximstats'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TailWatch/Eximstats.pm line 862.
    Then review the other eximstats thread that should help on that error:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/eximst...t-trace-emails-cpanel-284401.html#post1190792

I did also want to mention something that is very helpful to do. If you have an issue and search and read only one thread, it isn't as likely you'll find the solution. Read at least 3-5 threads or spend at least 15-30 minutes before posting. One thread might well have no useful information, so that's why reading multiple different ones will be more beneficial. The thread I link to above is far more detailed in what to check than this current thread.

17. kbs

kbs Member

Thanks Tristan, that help!

Code:
    DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table './eximstats/sends' is marked as crashed and should be repaired at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TailWatch/Eximstats.pm line 1005, <GEN0> line 2808.
    [8231] [2012-09-12 04:25:09 -0300] [Cpanel::TailWatch::Eximstats] [ERR] SQL Failed with error (Table './eximstats/sends' is marked as crashed and should be repaired): INSERT DELAYED INTO sends (mailtime,msgid,processed,domain,email,user,size,host,ip,auth,localsender) VALUES(FROM_UNIXTIME('1347434709'),'1TBhJt-0008YA-4r','0','','rob--------@--------.com','-remote-','0','xsv4ylvl.net','115.124.79.38','unauthorized','0')
    DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table './eximstats/sends' is marked as crashed and should be repaired at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TailWatch/Eximstats.pm line 1005, <GEN0> line 2814.
    My DB was broken

18. sonicsam

sonicsam Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Mine was exactly the same, tables 'sends' and 'failures' reported as cashed, repaired them from phpmyadmin and this fixed he problem, now I see logs in whm.

19. IRBiddlecombe

IRBiddlecombe Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    We have a situation where some of the domains work with the delivery reports and some do not.

# grep eximstats /usr/local/cpanel/logs/tailwatchd_log
    DBI connect('eximstats:localhost','eximstats',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TailWatch/Eximstats.pm line 252
    [2011-03-10 22:25:36 +0200] [Cpanel::TailWatch] [INFO] Opened /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql in append mode
    [24893] [2012-06-25 14:06:02 +0200] [Cpanel::TailWatch::Eximstats] [SQLERR] Fetching group_stats for domains failed. Do you need to run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updateeximstats? The exact error was: Unknown column 'x.domain' in 'field list'
    Cpanel::TailWatch::Eximstats appears to have unprocessed SQL in /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.
    mv /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy
    mysql eximstats < /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy
    Once you are sure all is well you can remove /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy

Am I correct in assuming that I need to update first? (I have CPanel updates but we have not done it yet because the mysql is not compatible).

20. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator