Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mail Delivery Reports

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by teknom, Aug 12, 2016.

1. teknom

teknom Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi, after upgrading to whm 58.0 (build 19) mail tracking logs showing 4 times for each receiving mail. only 1 mail comes but delivery reports say 4 times received (time stamps are the same too)
    how can i fix this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

CPANEL-7723 was recently published with cPanel 58.0.12 to address an issue where multiple tailwatchd processes resulted in incorrect email counts in the eximstats database:

Implemented case CPANEL-7723: Prevent multiple copies of tailwatchd from being started.

The following thread provides instructions on resetting the data in the eximstats database if you were affected by this issue:

error while run report in mail delivery report

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. teknom

teknom Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    @CpanelMichael
    my whm ver is 11.58.0.19
    i moved eximstats mysql db to mysql-backups dir and
    i tried your linked solution, but i can not find updateeximstats on directory /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updateeximstats
    it failed updateeximstats script did not found.
    after your answer at Error when using mail delivery report
    i tried
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updateeximstats
    this command and it gives this error
    Code:
    # /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updateeximstats
    updateeximstats: synchronizing database schema
    Cpanel::Exception::Database::Error/(XID em7mmc) Database Error: Table 'sends' already exists
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 73.
      Cpanel::Exception::create("Database::Error", Cpanel::ExceptionMessage::Raw=SCALAR(0x337e438), HASH(0x337ed50)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 90
      Cpanel::Exception::create_raw("Database::Error", "Database Error: Table 'sends' already exists", HASH(0x337ed50)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 193
      Cpanel::DBI::_create_exception(Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x33735d8), "DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'sends' already exists", undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 178
      Cpanel::DBI::_error_handler("DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'sends' already exists", Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x33735d8), undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updateeximstats line 116
      main::_execute_mysql("verbose", 0, "dbh", Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x33735d8), "sql", "CONNECT eximstats;\x{a}CREATE TABLE sends (\x{a}  mailtime datetime N"...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updateeximstats line 96

and i check eximstats db on phpmyadmin only "defers" and "failures" tables created
    i delete eximstats db and move back this db from mysql-backup for rollback this operation
    now i am at starting point again :)

#3 teknom, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check to ensure the database isn't corrupted with a command such as:

Code:
    mysqlcheck eximstats
    If it's not corrupted, you should be able to successfully use the instructions at:

error while run report in mail delivery report

Let us know if this does not work.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. teknom

teknom Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    thanks michael this solution reset my eximstats db but the problem is occured, the mail logs still dublicated with 4 times
    image.prntscr.com/image/301c416bb0a9405ab1da9d9d44647181.png

#5 teknom, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  6. teknom

teknom Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i did something and mail trace logs stoped duplicating. i hope this wont occur again

and killed older process 12252 that duplication fixed

now i am looking a script for delete duplicated records on eximstats database

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The data comes from /var/log/exim_mainlog, so the duplicate data isn't removed until enough time passes, or you manually delete and re-create the eximstats database.

Note that CPANEL-6436 in cPanel version 58.0.23 will address an issue where multiple tailwatchd processes resulted in incorrect email counts in the eximstats database:

Fixed case CPANEL-6436: Prevent tailwatchd from starting multiple processes.

Thank you.