The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail does not delete from webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by royli57, Oct 4, 2005.

1. royli57

royli57 Active Member

Hello

I am having trouble getting email to delete on one of our client's accounts. She is using hordemail, but whens he deletes, the screen does a refresh but the email is still there.

Has anyone had this sort of problem before?

thanks

Roy

2. royli57

royli57 Active Member

Also, when I try to login to squirrel mail I get the following error message:

ERROR
    Error opening ../data/default_pref
    Could not create initial preference file!
    /home/naenmini/.sqmaildata/ should be writable by user naenmini
    Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Have you taken a look yourself to confirm that this is definitely occurring? You never know - users will be users! For example, the message may be being 'deleted' when actually it is being marked as deleted, meaning that, through Horde, you'd need to select 'Purge Deleted' to fully and wholly get rid of the message.

Just in case it makes and difference to any possible solutions, what version of WHM/cPanel are you running?

Further still, does this happen with just one email account? Or does it affect all email accounts under a given user account only? Or does it affect all email accounts on the server?

Have you tested this with the other webmail clients to see if it is specific to Horde?

I'm running WHM 10.6.0 cPanel 10.8.0-C53 and have no problems with deleting mail through Horde, if that helps at all!

In the meantime, running /scripts/upcp --force shouldn't do any harm and may fix it.

4. royli57

royli57 Active Member

I am using WHM 10.6.0 cPanel 10.8.0-R58. The problem seems to be the same on all the emails in that account. As I mentioned, I cannot even login to squirrelmail, and it shows the above error. I have a feeling that if we can resolve the squirrelmail error, the mail will work fine.

Thanks in advance,

Roy