The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Markwaugh, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Markwaugh

Markwaugh Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Hello guys,

I created a test mail account, when i try to send mail to my own acccount, i get these error message in my mail log.

2003-08-18 22:49:30 19ozN4-0000uU-Ac == R=central_filter defer (-17): error in filter file: failed to expand "$" in filter file: $ not followed by letter, digit, or {

I don't have any filters set up. any ideas ? why am i not able to send and receive mails to my own mail accounts ? I am not getting any error messages in my mail box.

I would be really happy if i find a solution. Thank u for ur time. Support Ticket Number:
  2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Dear Markwaugh,

Check for you have any .forward files present in your home directory if it is present then it is creating this problem.

If no default .forward file is present then chances are the filter file is configured in some other name.

Test the filter file by sending messages from some other account. If you send a message to yourself from the filtered account, and delivery fails, the error message will be sent back to the same account, which may cause another delivery failure.It does mean that the failure won\'t be returned to you.

Post the mail delivery error you get by sending the mail from another account to your account. That will help to solve the problem.

Thanks, Support Ticket Number: