The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Forward

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tuzzatog, Jun 23, 2005.

1. tuzzatog

tuzzatog Registered

Hello, i have a question.
    I have a customer with a special request.

They have a Exchenge server on her office.

They need to catch all the mails from their domain located in my cpanel server and retransmitt it to the exchange server locally trough SMTP .
    They have a an STATIC ip that works with my server.
    The problem is that when i try to make a domain mail forward, the exchange server recieve the mails from port 110 in step of 25. Is it possible to redirect all the mails trought port 25 ?

They also need to have for the domain some days of backup on my server.

Best Regards
    Giovanni Tuzzato

2. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

I think, this is problem with them not knowing how to setup exchange server properly. If I am not mistaken they can change what port to use with exchange to retrieve mails.

Let me get this straight, they need to retrieve mails from your server using pop3 (port 110) and then send the mails to users account using smtp (port 25)? does that means their users does not access the mails on the exchange server?

That means their exchange server is a relay?

If users retrieve mails from the exchange server, then it's straighforward setup...no need to change port.

3. tuzzatog

tuzzatog Registered

hello thanks for replay,

they need to retreive mails from port 25 because they said that they have an antispam software and the only port from witch they receive from my server is port 25...

regards

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Well to accomodate this client you could set POP to serve off port 25 and SMTP off another port, but then that would ruin things for everyone else.

I can't see any option other than your client changing their ports to match the requirements of your server. If you could offer them a comparable server-side antispam solution, which would be equally beneficial to you and your server as a whole, they shouldn't have any problem.

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member