The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Forwarding Issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by RSCChris, Jun 23, 2005.

  1. RSCChris

    RSCChris Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2004
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I'm having a problem on our server running the latest cPanel Release, R82. The problem began after we moved an account from an old server to a new one. It only applies to one account and all domains under that account.

    One particular email (forward only) on an addon domain is supposed to forward mail to another email on another addon, under the same account. However, even though the mail is forwarded, it is sent to the default catchall. I removed the default entry in /etc/valiases and it now returns an error saying the destination address is unrouteable. Therefore I know that it was sending to the default since it could not pick up the other email. I checked the following:

    Verified that the email account (destination) is setup and inbox folders exist.
    Checked /etc/valiases for forwarding and verified they are correct.
    Checked /etc/localdomains and /etc/remotedomains verifying existance only in local
    Checked DNS and MX entries
    Rebuilt exim
    Ran all files in /scripts including mailperm, valiases, and userdomains.

    The weird thing though is that I can send an email from anywhere directly to the destination email. The problem only occurs when it is trying to send the email through the forward.

    Any help would be appreciated.
     
  2. aby

    aby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2005
    Messages:
    638
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    India

    One thing you can check is the pernission of that domain entry in the /etc/valiases directory.

    ----
    Aby :)
     
  3. RSCChris

    RSCChris Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2004
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I did try that but it did not work. Thanks for idea. The problem is still unsolved.
     
  4. aby

    aby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2005
    Messages:
    638
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    India
    You mean the permission and ownership is correct?. Some time we had issues with wrong ownership.

    --
    Aby :)
     
  5. RSCChris

    RSCChris Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2004
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Yep, I checked both and reset them but for some reason it's still giving unrouteable address.
     
  6. chirpy

    chirpy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2002
    Messages:
    13,475
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Go on, have a guess
    Have you tried the old faithful scripts:

    /scripts/updateuserdomains
    /scripts/mailperm
     
  7. RSCChris

    RSCChris Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2004
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Yes, as per my original post:

    But to reiterate, I have even tried to delete the filters and make them over again in cPanel, however they still do not work. And, they did work before we moved the accounts with the cPanel transfer wizard, so something during the transfer got screwed up. The mail works on 200+ other accounts on the server and the mail account in question can receive direct mail, so I'm really lost.
     
    #7 RSCChris, Jun 24, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  8. chirpy

    chirpy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2002
    Messages:
    13,475
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Go on, have a guess
    Just a few ideas:

    1. You're probably at the stage that logging a ticket with cPanel would be reasonable, even if you're going through a 3rd party license provider

    2. You might want to try performaing an account backup using /scripts/pkgacct then delete the account and then restore it using /scripts/restorepkg

    3. If 2 doesn't work, you could try deleting the user account and create it afresh and use the result of the pkgacct and open it up and restore the users web data and mysql accounts also manually
     
Loading...

Share This Page