The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail FROM AOL canned by my server?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by WindyT, Jun 15, 2007.

1. WindyT

WindyT Active Member

This is a recent occurrence, and I haven't recently made any changes to the Exim Configuration files which have a generic pull from list.dsbl.org and a couple of the other blacklists... I'm not blocking any other IPs from Exim except what's on those big lists.

One of my clients with her own domain (JaneDoe@JaneDoe.com) is having trouble with some email coming FROM AOL.

Apparently our server is killing the incoming email from AOL. We've turned off Spam Assassin for the account, and still the same result. For the time being, she's using an alternate address for some of her important AOL people.

Re: APF: I've guessed that I needed to whitelist any AOL IP I could find, and have done so on my APF rules.allow.

Additionally, I personally have a client on AOL who is sending me email, but instead of blocking it, I'm getting multiple copies. Perhaps as many as eight. It's coming in on different ports, and is getting assigned different IDs. Again, this is very recent, as of last week. Inconsistent, too.

I've never had to go searching through my spooler before to try to track down a particular email to even see if the system got it and ran away with it, so my Exim-fu skills are weak here.

The server is running
    WHM 11.1.0 cPanel 11.4.2-C13422
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.5 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0
    Spam Assassin 3.2.0

and the only thing I can think of is a recent conversion to maildir that I had to do with the upgrade to Cpanel 11.

Any advice would be terrific!

2. cYbErDaRk

cYbErDaRk Member

Hi WindyT.

>I've guessed that I needed to whitelist any AOL IP I could find

Try /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf , and add

*@aol.com (or whatever)

Though this not seems to be your issue, as far as emails get blocked directly by exim before they pass to spam assassin (it depends on your config anyway. No clue here, but stop using list.dsbl.org

>and have done so on my APF rules.allow.

APF shouldn't have anything to be with that. APF is a firewall, and what it does (as far as mine's configured for) is block certain IPs.

If AOL's mails reach exim (though they later seem to be rejected) APF is not the issue.

Regards

David

3. SonServers

SonServers Well-Known Member

I would check their email filters.

A few days ago, I had the same issue, an AOL user complaining she couldn't send mail to her own account on our server. I checked her filters and she was blocking anything with "cia" in the address. Her AOL email address contained "cia" in it.

4. WindyT

WindyT Active Member

5. Shiboning

Shiboning Member

My server is also not receiving email from AOL.

Have you resolved this yet?

Sam