The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mail from Hotmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kapOcha, Jan 10, 2008.

1. kapOcha

kapOcha Member

Cpanel Friends,

Hi, I don't receive mail from Hotmail accounts. The error message is,

Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 Transaction Failed (1022769381:189:-2147467259)

I tried to send mail to Hotmail and it was ok; but I can not receive from Hotmail.

Any ideas about 1022769381:189:-2147467259 error code?

Thanks.

2. icecopper

icecopper Registered

A lot of clients had trouble getting mail from any server, this was due to all the spam issues.. to rectify this I had to turn off every mail blocker in the cpanel which you can turn on or off yourself.

Because a lot of spammers use the free hotmail/yahoo or any free email addresses it blocks them all. To check your logs on the mail section go to the spam and anti virus potection icon and disable the ones you need to disable to allow hotmail mail in.

3. kapOcha

kapOcha Member

Thanks for your answer !

Please, help. My server is not listed in spammer list (I checked in dnssutff reports). In adition, the exim queue has a normal amount of mail.

What setting do I have to disable? The list of settingns in cpanel tweak is,

Default catch-all/default address behavior for new accounts. fail is usually the best choice if you are getting mail attacks.

Silently Discard all FormMail-clone requests with a bcc: header in the subject line
    Number of minutes between mail server queue runs (default is 60).
    Track the origin of messages sent though the mail server by adding the X-Source headers (exim 4.34+ required)

The maximum each domain can send out per hour (0 is unlimited)
    Prevent the user "nobody" from sending out mail to remote addresses (PHP and CGI scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using PHPSuexec and Suexec respectively.)

Include a list of Pop before SMTP senders in the X-PopBeforeSMTP header when relaying mail. (exim 4.34-30+ required)

The number of times users are allowed to check their mail using pop3 per hour. Zero is unlimited. (cppop only)

Attempt to prevent pop3 connection floods

Automatically setup /etc/localdomains, /etc/remotedomains, /etc/secondarymx based on where the mx entry is pointed.

BoxTrapper Spam Trap

Horde Webmail

Mailman

SpamAssassin Spam Filter

SpamAssassin Spam Box delivery for messages marked as spam (user configurable)

SquirrelMail Webmail

Add the mail. prefix for mailman urls (ie http://mail.domain.com/mailman)

4. Marktek

Marktek Member

You still may want to ensure that in remote and local domains is setup correctly. Having a shared server environment as what I deal with. I find that setting up accounts on them can be tedious if the WHM remote/local domains is not configured like it should be.

5. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Follow the instructions given in this post: http://servertune.com/kbase/entry/142/
    If none helped, seek professional help.