The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail has gone whack...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Daemon1, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Daemon1

Daemon1 Well-Known Member

I have a weird problem with certain mail accounts. I will set the mail account up for a particular account, and I add the information into Outlook including the SMTP Authentication setting enabled but I cant recieve email. I can send email fine, but when I try to recieve email it tells me that the login information is wrong.

I double checked the account password, and the one I am using is correct so howcome I am only able to send but not to recieve? Sending is perfect, sends instantly but recieving I get the following error :

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Login failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Can someone please tell me what is going on? Why can I send but not recieve? Why is it telling me my password is wrong when it is obviously right? Any help would be appreciated.