The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mail() is not supported in this PHP build

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jeremy, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Registered

I am running redhat 6.2
    cpanel4 [4.0.0-STABLE_51]

When running this php script

http://www.hotsellingminisites.com/optin/oiltest.htm

I get the following error:

Warning: mail() is not supported in this PHP build in /home2/hotsell/public_html/optin/subscribe.php3 on line 86

Line 86 uses the mail function.
    it appears in php 4.0.6 php checks to see if a sendmail binary is on the path and if it isn\'t it disables the mail() function at compile time.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Jeremy

2. Mark Vockler

Mark Vockler Active Member

Just recompile PHP and you should be fine.

Mark

3. n2nis

n2nis Active Member

This may sound stupid but what do I do to recompile. I have the same error, and since it is a fresh server and came preconfigured I don\'t know what to type. Thanks for your help.

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:bd7a2551e8]This may sound stupid but what do I do to recompile. I have the same error, and since it is a fresh server and came preconfigured I don\'t know what to type. Thanks for your help. [/quote:bd7a2551e8]

Grab and run buildapache.sea from layer1.cpanel.net

5. wscreate

wscreate Active Member

Speaking of compile and PHP, I noticed that my version of PHP installed through CPanel does not have BCMATH configured. BCMATH is a basic function necessary to many people, IMHO.

Is there a way to get BCMATH configured in PHP without breaking CPanel?

6. Brownie

Brownie Well-Known Member

[quote:d04cf1ccb1]Speaking of compile and PHP, I noticed that my version of PHP installed through CPanel does not have BCMATH configured. BCMATH is a basic function necessary to many people, IMHO.

Is there a way to get BCMATH configured in PHP without breaking CPanel? [/quote:d04cf1ccb1]

Just recompile PHP - it only takes a few minutes.

And speaking of missing functions, the default install of php installs gd but no PNG support - go figure :eek:

7. wscreate

wscreate Active Member

I write PHP scripts like mad. However, I\'ve never compiled or recompiled PHP. I\'ve always used RPMs.

8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

[quote:53e52dff2b]Speaking of compile and PHP, I noticed that my version of PHP installed through CPanel does not have BCMATH configured. BCMATH is a basic function necessary to many people, IMHO.

Is there a way to get BCMATH configured in PHP without breaking CPanel? [/quote:53e52dff2b]

Why is it? Not many people deal with huge high precission numbers which is all it\'s needed for.