The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mail issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by aykfounder, Nov 16, 2005.

1. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

One of my clients is getting the following error while trying to access his webmail:

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: www.xxxx.com:2096

The following error was encountered:

* Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

I tried doing it and I could log in just fine, anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I already checked the ownership, and he has it, so its not that.

Thank you

2. TogaDave

TogaDave Well-Known Member

I recently had some security work done on my server and one of my customers is experiencing the same thing now (since the day the work was done). I'll post back here if I manage to find out what's up.

3. TogaDave

TogaDave Well-Known Member

OK, here's what I've discovered in case it can help anyone else:

The customer was trying to login in from some type of proxy/secured network at his work location. As it turns out, their security software doesn't get along with ours and whenever he tries to log into hisdomain.com/cpanel/ or hisdomain.com/webmail/ it would produce the error you posted above.

However, I had him try entering hisdomain.com:2082 and hisdomain.com:2095 and that let him in with no problems.

I don't know if that will work for anyone else, but hopefully it does. If that does not work for you, here is a link I found in another thread that may help you:
    http://cpanelproxy.net/

I was about to set that up directly for that one customer, because it looks simple enough and it doesn't need to be server-wide, when we discovered that using the direct port numbers took care of the probem for him.

4. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

This error was fixed. I have no idea how as it was over a month ago now.

5. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    This problem mostly occurs with the client that uses proxy setting to access their control panel or having improper configuration of Firewall on their machines...