The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail "Logaholic Import Task Completed" sent to user after account transfer

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by WhiteDog, May 27, 2012.

1. WhiteDog

WhiteDog Well-Known Member

Hello,

After setting up some new servers, we decided to transfer a few of our own accounts to these new servers as a test. Both servers are running cPanel 11.32.2 (b25).

After the transfer was completed, I noticed that an email was sent to the email address associated with the cPanel account (end-user). The title is "Logaholic Import Task Completed", message below:
    I opened a case with cPanel support (Req ID 2707314 / Inquiry 59662) but got a response that there is "no way" to turn this off / that this will not be changed in the code.

Imho, no mails should be sent to end-users during transfer and restore actions.
    I assume this is a left-over of the Logaholic integration in cPanel, which is very specific.
    As a transfer of accounts is basicly just a restore of a backup, you might get the same mails being sent when restoring backups.

Fear not however :) Should you find yourself in the same position right at the eve of a big migration, just change the following code in the file /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TaskProcessors/LogaholicTasks.pm:
    PHP:
    # send a msg to enduser
    $self->_send_summary_msg'importlogdata'$results_hr );

to

PHP:
    # send a msg to enduser
    # $self->_send_summary_msg( 'importlogdata', $results_hr );

Hope this helps someone today.

2. WhiteDog

WhiteDog Well-Known Member

Re: Mail "Logaholic Import Task Completed" sent to user after account trans

I just learned today that this is in fact "intentional behaviour".

If you don't want your users to be notified of Logahlic actions during account transfers / restore actions, please show some support for this topic so this can be changed.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: Mail "Logaholic Import Task Completed" sent to user after account trans

Well, your fix posted above is a workaround to this issue. If you'd like to get some support for having this changed, I agree with you that it should be, you'll need to post a Feature Request as always.
    Feature Requests for cPanel/WHM - cPanel Forums

4. lbeachmike

lbeachmike Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This helped me out a lot! What ridiculous functionality - I have no idea why anybody would think this is a good idea to code into the product.

+1 for removal.