The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail login hanging, no error (???)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by radioraheem, Apr 13, 2006.

1. radioraheem

radioraheem Member
    PartnerNOC

I've got an email user who can't login. The account is also the default address for the domain. Tried resetting the password via WHM several times, ran mailperm fix script, updated cpanel, ran eximup, removed lock files, none of this has fixed the problem.

Telnet into the server on port 110, give user (no domain) & pass combo and it just hangs after pressing enter for the passwd. If I attempt to telnet and login using full user@domain it gives error user/passwd mismatch even though the password is correct.

I am able to ssh into the server as the default account with the correct password, same login combo that should work for e-mail but still does not.

I am also able to open the inbox file on the server with mutt -f inbox but no other login methods will work. www.domain.com/webmail shortcut allows me to login with the correct un/pw combo but none of the three available options (squirrel, neomail, horde) allows me in to view the inbox contents.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Is the user account overquota? You could also try the faithful:

/scripts/mailperm

You might want to check /var/log/maillog when you POP in to see if there are any errors shown.

3. radioraheem

radioraheem Member
    PartnerNOC

Already ran mailperm, but thanks for the suggestion.

We ended up resolving the problem by completely removing Neomail from the server.

User showed up in mail logs ok prior to removing Neomail.

Any ideas why this would happen?