The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail marked as spam, tried everything.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by c0rrup, May 25, 2010.

1. c0rrup

c0rrup Registered

Hello, I need some help with mail from my server being marked as spam. Mail sent from my server from PHP mail() and SMTP have both been marked as spam, in Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.

My server IP is not blacklisted, my SPF record passes, but mail still gets marked as spam.

I have isolated the issue I think, the site I am trying to send mail from is different than my cPanel's main domain/IP (I have 4 dedicated IPs on my VPS).

My server is set up on serv.domain1.com (hostname), I am trying to send email from another site on my VPS with domain2.com, when I use admin@domain2.com, the mail goes to SPAM. But if I use admin@domain1.com, the email goes to the inbox fine.

(^used replacements because my sites are for filesharing and not sure if I could post them here, if needed I can)

Does anybody have a clue as what I can try, I really need this fixed and have no more ideas.

2. JordiCS

JordiCS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Probably MX records for those domains are not pointing to the main server IP. This is a common reason for mail being blocked for most servers.

Check your dns zones for the problematic domains. If you find

domain2.com. IN MX domain2.com.

change it to:

domain2.com IN MX mail.domain2.com.

AND change the record for mail(domain2.com) this way:

mail.domain2.com IN A yourmainserverIPhere

Finally add your main server IP to your SPF records. Wait for a while before checking mail, because DNS changes need a time to be propagated.

Hope this helps.