The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail never made it to end receiver..

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rabidkevin, Jan 6, 2006.

1. rabidkevin

rabidkevin Member

I run a large forum on my server and I am really uncertain if this error is on my end or the other. The end user did not receive this email.
    here is the log:. This is basically an email going out thru user nobody used sndmail. Standard process. I have tested it myself with my own yahoo account, and could not replicate this. I also had an issue of vbulletin.com not being able to send me my license file to my server. I however did not find a log file for this. Just another example.

From the looks of things, it looks like it fails, then is successful the 2nd time, and is completed. Am I correct and is there any more places I can get information as to why this email vanished?

Code:
    2006-01-05 14:22:42 1EudUy-0006mK-2U SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: host mx3.mail.yahoo.com [64.156.215.18]: 451 mta336.mail.scd.yahoo.com Resources temporarily unavailable. Please try again later [#4.16.5].
    2006-01-05 14:22:42 1EudUy-0006mK-2U => USERNAME@yahoo.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=mx3.mail.yahoo.com [67.28.113.19]
    2006-01-05 14:22:42 1EudUy-0006mK-2U Completed

USERNAME was replace for privacy.

2. rabidkevin

rabidkevin Member

anyone?? ;(

3. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

This looks a problem with Yahoo not your server. Your server is queuing the message after being told by Yahoo to send again when we are not so busy. Your server is complying with that request in the only way it knows how.

IIRC Yahoo has been having over load issues that may have not been fixed yet.

:)