The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail not arriving, no errors in logs after

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by meatwad74, Apr 25, 2008.

1. meatwad74

meatwad74 Registered

I'm fairly new to exim and WHM/CPanel and I'm having a weird issue with one of the domains on our server. I apologize if this has been asked before and would appreciate any advice on this matter.

I received a call from a user who is unable to get mail from a web form. I checked the logs and found errors in exim_mainlog and exim_rejectlog stating, "Could not complete sender verify callout". I've had this issue with a few mail accounts before and each time adding the sender's mail server IP to the skipsmtpcheckhosts file solved the problem. I did that with this sender's IP address and we no longer see errors in either of the logs, but the mail is still not arriving. In fact, since adding them to that file I no longer see anything regarding this sender's IP since the last rejection in the logs for this senders ip address.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We are using the following setup on our server.

WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.3-R21703
    CENTOS Enterprise 5 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

if the IP isn't connecting ..then it's not connecting. are you sure the mx and dns and the domain are still good?

3. meatwad74

meatwad74 Registered

There have been no DNS changes to the senders domain. They can send emails to other addresses...just not ones on this server. In any case, thanks for the suggestion.