The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail not being deleted

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by avangel, Apr 1, 2006.

1. avangel

avangel Member

I have several users complaining that once their inbox goes over a certain size, their clients fail when trying to delete email.

They are usually running outlook express, though I've seen cases where not even webmail would delete the email, requiring that I enter into their system and manually empty the inbox.

Please note that no permissions change, and the users can successfully delete mail most of the time, but when they get a large amount of email in one day, it becomes impossible to delete it via POP/IMAP.

Has anyone encountered this before?

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

What errors do you see in /var/log/messages when this happens?

3. avangel

avangel Member

I currently see no errors in messages concerning this. If you'll give me a service name or two, I will paste all messages entries regarding that service for your review.

4. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    cPanel mostly disables most of the options when a user is over is quota limit. Try to change the email password and they get an disk quota error.

So you will have free some space for them and they will be able to delete mails from their webmail.