The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mail not being delivered to 1 domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by fishfreek, Aug 27, 2007.

1. fishfreek

fishfreek Well-Known Member

I am experiencing an issue where mail since last Thursday has stopped being delivered to one of the domains on my system. I see some messages in the mail que and when I force delivery I get the following output.

I can only think that this might have happened around the same time I did a WHM update but don't know for sure. I have tried a force update and that didn't appear to have corrected the issue. I have already gone thru the mbox conversion process and tried going thru it again to see if there might have been a bad or corrupt issue. Is there any other log that I might be able to look at that might give some info on what is up. The mail quota cant be it as the quota is set for 20mb and they are using less than 10.

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

Here as some guesses:
    * Check that the MX entry for domain.com is pointing to the local server (it probably is).
    * Check that domain.com is present in /etc/localdomains.
    * Run /scripts/mailperm to fix any mailbox permission problems.

Good luck ;)

3. fishfreek

fishfreek Well-Known Member

Thank you for your suggestions. Some how this domain and another that I later found out about 'fell' out of the /etc/localhosts file. Not sure how that occured but after adding them back in mail begain to flow again.