The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail not being sent from server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by chasmcg, Apr 23, 2015.

1. chasmcg

chasmcg Active Member

I have a new dedicated server with CPanel. I went in to the mail queue and email is there but none is being sent to me from the server. I clicked Deliver All at the mail queue location but received none of the email. It's mainly 404s. I have made a custom 404 page and the results of it are supposed to be sent to me when I receive a 404 using sendmail. I have a custom Pearl script and it worked fine on my previous server and seems to be working now since there's mail the queue.

I don't care about sending or receiving personal email but want the system email delivered to me at my off site personal email address. Does anyone know what might be happening or what I haven't configured somewhere that is preventing email delivery?

Also, I am getting these (example below) after putting my email address at Server Contacts (System mail preferences). It's a summary of the emails but I don't receive the actual emails.

Code:
    2015-04-23 17:31:16 1YlPeO-0003WG-3X <= myserver@main.myserver.com U=myserver P=local S=1631 T="Broken Link" for has@ink.net
    2015-04-23 17:31:16 1YlPeO-0003WG-3X <= myserver@main.myserver.com U=myserver P=local S=1631 T="Broken Link" for has@ink.net

Thanks for any help.

#1 chasmcg, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you try opening an individual message in the mail queue and attempting delivery? It should output the specific error that's encountered when attempting to deliver the message.

Thank you.

3. chasmcg

chasmcg Active Member

Another question... does anyong know how to send the results of a 404 to my personal email address using CPan
    This has been fixed. Thanks for your reply.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you elaborate on this question? What data are you attempting to email?

Thank you.