Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mail password change logs

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Paulo Cesar, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Paulo Cesar

Paulo Cesar Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello!

I'd like to ask you guys, if there is any log about changes of password of an email account?

I need to create a report about the last changes of password of an specific email account.

Regards!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Paulo Cesar,

You can review /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log to see when an email account's password was last changed through the cPanel interface. The entry will resemble the following:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log:$ClientIP - $account-username [03/11/2019:16:46:24 -0000] "POST /cpsess012345678/execute/Email/passwd_pop HTTP/1.1" 200 0 "https://$server-ip:2083/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.14; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0" "s" "-" 2083
    Note that it will only list the cPanel username associated with the email account. I recommend voting for the following feature request if you'd like to see more log activity for this action:

Better user logs (i.e. change passwords / logins cpanel / logins whm)

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...