The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail prob, can you help

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by YukFoo, Sep 29, 2002.

1. YukFoo

YukFoo Well-Known Member

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.domain.com', Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I can get their account working on my end, they can't get it working, both of us are using Outlook V 6.

BTW autoconfig doesnt' working in the latest build.

2. YukFoo

YukFoo Well-Known Member

the domain has already propagated, it's been about 2 weeks. she's only now setting up her mail. I can get the account to work on my pc using outlook, but she can't get it working on her pc using outlook. her isp is MSN.

Anymore ideas??

3. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:a7e0a749e2][i:a7e0a749e2]Originally posted by YukFoo[/i:a7e0a749e2]

the domain has already propagated, it's been about 2 weeks. she's only now setting up her mail. I can get the account to work on my pc using outlook, but she can't get it working on her pc using outlook. her isp is MSN.

Anymore ideas??

[/quote:a7e0a749e2]
    Run another instance of exim on port 26

in WHM -& server setup -& service manager -& check this checkbox & exim on another port 26&
    then click on save

and ask your user to manually set up her SMTP port to 26 instead of 25 (in Outlook)

4. YukFoo

YukFoo Well-Known Member

I did the port to 26, now here's the message. Man this is frustrating. I can get the account working on my pc, but they can't on theirs.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test test', Account: 'mda@domain.com', Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 26, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

5. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:cfb5fafc24][i:cfb5fafc24]Originally posted by YukFoo[/i:cfb5fafc24]

I did the port to 26, now here's the message. Man this is frustrating. I can get the account working on my pc, but they can't on theirs.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test test', Account: 'mda@domain.com', Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 26, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B[/quote:cfb5fafc24]
    it's ok ask your user to uncheck &My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication&. (in Outlook)

6. YukFoo

YukFoo Well-Known Member

COOL! It worked.

7. YukFoo

YukFoo Well-Known Member

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.