The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Problem: "Connection timed out"

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Eurcynia, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Eurcynia

Eurcynia Registered

Hello everyone,

A little background:
    I enjoy cPanel alot, and have run into virtually no problems...except one. I was using Ensim before, and after we moved to cPanel only ONE customer has been experiencing any problems. I thought this was an isolated problem for him, then I hoped it would work itself out after we switched servers. But alas, he is still having this problem and it started immediately after moving his account to cPanel. I figured it was just his machine, but this last weekend I sent the domain he's having issues with an email (from my own domain) and this afternoon received the following email:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its recipients after more than 48 hours on the queue on ion.fluxar.net.

The message identifier is: 1CIsgT-0001LP-3h
    The subject of the message is: An Error After Sending an Email.
    The date of the message is: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:49:31 -0700

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

support@lightspeedsystems.com
    Delay reason: Connection timed out

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up, and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.​

Any idea what could be happening here? My client has said there are other webservers he receives this error for but lightspeedsystems.com was the only one he mentioned. I emailed him asking for another one so I can try another test email and see what the two servers have in common.

Personally, I have not run into this problem with any of the other emails I have sent out on a regular basis, nor have any other customer complained. So any help or insight about what could be happening would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Julie

2. useradmin

useradmin Well-Known Member

possibilities

hello try this

1)check ms records is it right? using http://dnsstuff.com
    2)please check firewall is running o server or not?
    if yes trty to stop firewall and send mail.
    please check if client using firewall or not..
    may be this is clients network problem too
    please verify and test mail using webmail..
    try to run /scripts/fixpopacc or

restart exim..
    please stop firewall and check the same
    servcie iptables stop