The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by manokiss, Nov 29, 2002.

1. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

Hi, i have a client he told me he dont receive some mails from his clients.
    Please anybody can explain me how mails folders work.

I see /mail/eachacountfolders

and /mail/domain/eachaccountfolders

I see some mails in the second path in eachaccount folders, but not in the first path folders in each account

What is the difference between the first path folders and the second ?

I deleted manually one of the accounts folder in the both of paths, and recreated, and work fine

Have any script to fix this, because i cant tell to client &we need delete all the mails accounts and re-create it&, he just will kill me :)

Thanks in advance for your help

ps.: when you delete a mail account from cpanel the second path folder for that account is not deleted. That was fixed ?

2. morris

morris Member

did you find a fix

Hi many other resellers with the same problem.

Did you find a fix?

3. chakky

chakky Well-Known Member

Hi,

Those folders should not cause any problems.The
    /home/user/mail/nick and /home/user/mail/domain.com/nick email addresses are actually linked to each other and store the same data.

This change was incorporated by Cpanel to try and enable multihosted as well as parked domains to have their own POP mailboxes.They I believe are still trying to complete this and so as a part of it they are converting mail folder structure from
    /home/user/mail to /home/user/mail/domain.com so that many different domains with same user can also have their own pop accounts.

Just run /scripts/mailperm or /scripts/fixcommonproblems and it should correct any mail folder related email problems and it is best left as it is rather than doing all this manual removal.

I hope I did make some sense..:D

4. morris

morris Member

Hi Sam

&Just run /scripts/mailperm or /scripts/fixcommonproblems and it should correct any mail folder related email problems and it is best left as it is rather than doing all this manual removal.&
    Where can I run this from? I am only a reseller with access to WHM and of course my client's cpanels. Will my host have this and can he give me access or do i have access to this myself?

5. doz

doz Member

could it be that since &spam assasin& included in capenel, it sometimes blocks certain mail from arriving correctly into the mailbox, even when switched off in individual accounts? Maybe that is the problem.

6. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

Spamassassin doesn't block e-mails, it just tags them.

7. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    But Exim blocks some emails. And, I think SA does also by using a RBL.

8. iain-pczap.net

iain-pczap.net Active Member

[quote:877aa85294][i:877aa85294]Originally posted by morris[/i:877aa85294]

&Just run /scripts/mailperm or /scripts/fixcommonproblems and it should correct any mail folder related email problems and it is best left as it is rather than doing all this manual removal.&
    Where can I run this from? I am only a reseller with access to WHM and of course my client's cpanels. Will my host have this and can he give me access or do i have access to this myself?[/quote:877aa85294]

To run /scripts stuff u need to have ssh access but by default most resellers dont have root access so can't perform this.
    Contact your provider and ask them to run /scripts/mailperm and /scripts/fixcommonproblems.

It will then run for you, and all other resellers/users.