The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail problem :(

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hiperdisco, Nov 28, 2005.

1. hiperdisco

hiperdisco Member

Hi,

I have this probleme i send from another domaine from one server to my cpanel server and i don't receve, but sending to another server i recive it. and sending from another server to the cpanel server i recive, it is possibile that my server cpanel have a blockage to the ip of the other server how can i a delete this... for to resolve this problem.

thanks.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Your best course of action would be to first look through the mail logs on the receiving server and see what errors, if any, are present.

Try sending an email from server A to server B, where the mail appears not to be received by server B, and then check the following logs on both servers:

/var/log/exim_mainlog
    /var/log/exim_rejectlog
    /var/log/exim_paniclog

On server A, you should see a reference in /var/log/exim_mainlog for the outgoing message.

Under normal circumstances, you should then see, on server B, a reference in /var/log/exim_mainlog to the message being received and successfully delivered locally. Errors listed at this point, mirrored in /var/log/exim_rejectlog, should give you a good idea as to what is going on.

3. hiperdisco

hiperdisco Member

it seems that i resolve it !

thanks

4. d00t

d00t Member

care to post what you did to fix it for future users?