The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by alexgol, May 22, 2008.

1. alexgol

alexgol Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Hi gurus,

I have a dedicated server that I have been using for a while now and it works fine until today when I added a new domain and then added an email address. Just like my other domain accounts on WHM the setting for this domain is the same. So I set up the email on my mail application and tried to send a test message but for some reason it says:

1 undelivered [Connection dropped by server]

I then deleted that email from Cpanel and created a new email but again it gave me the same problem. I logged in to webmail and that was fine, so I sent an email to this test email through my hotmail account but I never received the email on the webmail nor on my mail application. The DNS are also ok for the domain. Could there be a problem with reverse IP or something? Can someone let me know what steps to take to find out what is the problem. I would be grateful

2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2001
    Check /var/log/exim_mainlog to see if the message is in there.
    Check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log to see if there was a problem with the domain or email account creation.

If that doesn't work, submit a ticket with your web host or cPanel (see link below)