The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Problems!!!!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dyerstein, Mar 16, 2004.

1. dyerstein

dyerstein Registered

For some reason all of a sudden my email is not working! I keep getting the following error message when sending from Neomail:

"ERROR SENDING MAIL - Sorry there was a problem sending your message. Please clidk your browser's Back Button, check your message and try again"

This happen regardless of anyone else who is trying to send email via CPanel or Microsoft Outlook, which when I use the autoconfig option and try to send with outlook its gives me the followign message:

The server responded: 421 web1.zesthost.com Unexpected log failure, please try again later - closing connection.

I'm running out of ideas of what to check, incidentally this was working fine yesterday, or at least I don't recall any problems with the server, Suggestion please!!

:confused:

2. jensendw

jensendw Member

IM having the same problem here, I'll let you know if I find a solution...

3. jensendw

jensendw Member

Turns out that I added an extry to newsyslog.conf to rotate the exim logfiles and when it recreates the files it gives wrong permissions, just fix the permissions for the log files and it works fine.

4. Ixel

Ixel Member

Hi,
    Where is this file located as I am encountering this problem now?

Thanks,
    Paul.