The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail que Frozen?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by JakReloaded, May 7, 2005.

1. JakReloaded

JakReloaded Member

Hey Everyone,

For some reason if someone sends an email to another user on the same domain it works fine...how ever if someone trys to send an email to another user on a domain not on our server it just freezes in the que with the following error:

Message 1DUN32-000577-Mt is not frozen
    delivering 1DUN32-000577-Mt
    LOG: MAIN PANIC
    failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for lookuphost router: Gid 99 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 365.

2005-05-07 11:12:50 1DUN32-000577-Mt failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for lookuphost router: Gid 99 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 365.

2005-05-07 11:12:50 1DUN32-000577-Mt failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for lookuphost router: Gid 99 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 365.

exim: could not open panic log - aborting: see message(s) above
    Return to Mail Queue

Any idea whats happening and what i can do to fix this?

cheers
    JakReloaded

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but here's the part of the script that is giving that output.

Try restarting exim.

3. JakReloaded

JakReloaded Member

thanks

Hey squirrel,

i already tried restart and still no luck =(

any other ideas?

cheers
    JakReloaded

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Sorry, no other ideas, other than reinstall exim, but I don't know if that's necessary or not. I'd wait and see what someone who knows the mail system better says.

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Have you enabled WHM > Tweak Settings > Prevent nobody from sending email?

Or is the problem with people sending email from their local PC clients through your server, rather than from scripts?

6. JakReloaded

JakReloaded Member

Hey Chirpy,

That setting is enabled, but it seems to be mainly from scripts rather that using an email client. I tried disabling the "prevent user nodody" and then trying but i still get the same error...anyone else have any other ideas?

cheers
    JakReloaded

7. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Do the following:

1. Login to WHM; Find Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Editor >> Switch to Advanced Mode

2. Delete whatever entries you might have in the first and third box (in that order)

3. Scroll down the page and hit Save

Done!

If that doesn't work, you'll need to re-install Exim, manually. It seems that you need fresh copy of exim.pl to solve this problem.

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

As Andy has said, resetting exim back to defaults is probably a good idea. You can actually use:

/scripts/reseteximtodefaults

Nifty script name ;)

9. JakReloaded

JakReloaded Member

thanks for the reply guys,

i tried both and still no luck, all mail is just sitting in the que with the same error messages still :(.

anything else i could try?

cheers
    JakReloaded

10. challii

challii Well-Known Member

If i remember correctly this is a spamassasin issue.

Have you tried restarting cpanel as well as exim? Also try some of the spamassasin fixes in the scripts folder.

11. JakReloaded

JakReloaded Member

Hey challii,

i restarted cpanel/whm and still no luck. I also checked the scripts folder for any spamassasin scripts and the only one i could find was called "spamassassin-cpanel".

So i ran this and got the following error:

Code:
    Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/NoMailAudit.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at ./spamassassin-cpanel line 111.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./spamassassin-cpanel line 111.
    Any other idea as to why im getting this mail que problem?

And again here is the error message reported when trying to send any email through the que:

Code:
    Message 1DUoMg-0004nG-Dk is not frozen
    delivering 1DUoMg-0004nG-Dk
    LOG: MAIN PANIC
      failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for lookuphost router: Gid 99 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 365.

2005-05-08 18:07:36 1DUoMg-0004nG-Dk failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for lookuphost router: Gid 99 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 365.

2005-05-08 18:07:36 1DUoMg-0004nG-Dk failed to expand condition "${perl{checkspam}}" for lookuphost router: Gid 99 is not permitted to relay mail at /etc/exim.pl line 365.

exim: could not open panic log - aborting: see message(s) above
    cheers
    JakReloaded

12. challii

challii Well-Known Member

try /scripts/fixspamassassinfailedupdate and /scripts/restartsrv_spamd

13. JakReloaded

JakReloaded Member

Hey thanks for the scripts dude,

I ran both of them and they seemed to run ok

But now i seem to be getting mixed errors....would anybody be willing to have a look for me to see whats going down with it all? As im now really stumped as to what its doing :(

If anyone could help id really apreciate your time and effort!

cheers
    JakReloaded

14. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

We can help! PM me.