The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Queue Always Empty

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ckh, Sep 16, 2004.

1. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I'm running FreeBSD 5.1 and had the same problem on another server that I got rid of, but, the mail queue is always empty. Even after sending out our newsletter to 5000 subscribers, the email queue is empty.

Looking at stats and the cron emails I get though do tell you that some messages were in the queue anywere from 1 minute to 3 days.

Any clues how I can get the view mail queue function to display the queue in WHM?

Thanks

Chris

2. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

I've got the same issue on one of our servers and have not been able to rectify it. Same o/s and version as yourself. :confused:

Since I use SSH to look at the queue, I don't worry about it too much. It would be nice to clear the issue though..

3. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The other server I had was running 4.9 but the cpanel version was the same. I got one server in December and one in Feb of this year and even through all the updates, it has always shown empty. Servers were different datacenters too.

4. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I put in a ticket and they fixed it in about 12 hours. Since I put the ticket in on Sunday, I think they did a quick and excellent job.

Here's what they did:

After looking over the server for a while another tech and I found the issue. Exim is located in /usr/local/sbin/exim but the script that lists the mailqueue expects it as /usr/sbin/exim. I created a symlink to the one in /usr/local/sbin/exim and it now lists without any errors. Could you please confirm? Thank you very much!
    --
    Jason Kiniry
    Technical Support

Hats off to Jason the the cPanel support team and hope this helps out other people too.

Chris